Spinach & Cheese Quiche
I grew up eating this quiche. It was a staple at my house and this is my mom's recipe. It's a hearty dish made with just a few ingredients and a little love, that's all you need to make this quiche a "qui-per". 6 Slices
- (1) 9-inch Pie Crust
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 6 oz Shredded Cheddar
- 5 oz chopped Spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Pie Crusts
- 6 Eggs
- 1 pint Heavy Cream
- 8 oz of Cheddar Cheese
- 5 oz Spinach
210 per slice
Please watch the short video above to see how it’s done.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. Roll out one refrigerated pie crust (they don’t have to know you didn’t make it). Gently lay it in a greased tart pan and tuck it in, nice and cozy.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until blended and then add your heavy cream, onion powder, and a touch of salt and pepper. Whisk some more!
3. Into your pie crust, evenly layer half of the spinach and cheese and then (Groundhog Day) do it again, layer the remaining spinach and cheese, leaving a little left over to put on top!
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and spread with a spatula so all ingredients are evenly coated. Finish with an extra sprinkling of cheese on top.
5. Pop it in the oven for 35-45 minutes until the egg mixture is firm and the top is golden brown. Let it cool slightly before slicing.
Cut into wedges and serve la quiche warm, with a French accent.
Leftover ingredients:1 pie crust, 1 cup of heavy cream You can easily double this recipe with more eggs, spinach, and these or connect these ingredients with other dishes below.